Daniel Davis – Widgets: Why should I care?
Web Directions South 2010, Sydney Convention and Exhibition Centre, October 14 1.40pm.
When I was a young lad, I had the use of a computer for the Christmas holidays so I typed out my thank you letters and felt super cool. Unfortunately there was no printer. I wrote out by hand what was on the screen and got laughed at by my dad. Despite this, I felt I was ahead of the crowd and at the start of something new and exciting. Thirty years later, I feel we’re at the same stage with widgets – at the start of something new and exciting.
About Daniel Davis
Follow Daniel on Twitter: @ourmaninjapan
- Christian Crumlish - Designing social interfaces
- Anne Galloway - A 21st Century Bestiary
- Hannah Donovan - Designing without the browser
- Paul Hagon - Enriching large data sets
- Bruce Lawson - Native multimedia with HTML5