Dave Balmer – HTML5 Graphics: Canvas Deep Dive
Web Directions Unplugged 2011, Seattle, May 13th 2:25pm.
The Canvas tag has been around for a while, and HTML5 has given it more visibility. It’s now finding its way into most mobile browsers, and even a majority of desktop browsers. This talk will give a solid overview of what the canvas tag is, what it can do, and how it compares with other technologies like SVG and Flash. Several practical code examples will show how you can use it along with CSS3 and other HTML5 goodies to make your web apps more featured, efficient and downright cool.
About Dave Balmer
In his spare time, Dave designs and writes games, makes music, and writes.
Follow Dave on Twitter: @balmer
- Dmitry Baranovskiy - Canvas
- Aaron Weyenberg - Realistic UI Design
- Clientside templates for reactive UI - Tim Oxley
- Lea Verou - Mastering CSS3 gradients
- Alex Feyerke - Offline First