Dave Greiner and Ben Richardson – The story of Campaign Monitor
A presentation given at Web Directions South, Sydney Australia, September 28 2006.
- MP3 of presentation
- Presentation slides
- Session description
- LiveBlog post
- About Dave Greiner and Ben Richardson
Campaign Monitor is a great home grown web app success story. Dave and Ben will share their experiences of taking an idea they believed in, working like mad to implement it, and getting it to market. Along the way you’ll hear about how the idea was born, deciding what to build, pricing, building the product, getting the word out, handling support from Sydney, and all those things you’ll never know till you try.
Dave Greiner and Ben Richardson
Dave Greiner and Ben Richardson started Campaign Monitor in 2004 out of sheer frustration. When they couldn’t find the right email newsletter software for their clients, they decided to hold off on their consulting work and build their own. Today, more than 16,000 designers in 65 countries use their web application for their email marketing. Ben and Dave still manage the day to day running of Campaign Monitor including new feature development, marketing and support. Since Campaign Monitor they have gone on to release Mailbuild, an email newsletter tool built just for web designers. Designers can develop a template and then have their clients log in to their own accounts to manage their subscribers, create and send their own emails and view reports on the results.
- Jeremy Ashkenas - A Cup of CoffeeScript
- Wendy Chisholm & Charles Pritchard - Universal Access: now for apps as well
- Jason Ryan - Govt 2.0: the public management challenge
- Gina Trapani - Better Gmail: How Google Opened Gmail’s Web Interface to Any Developer Who Cares (And Why You Should)
- Ben Winter-Giles - Managing agile projects within large organisations