Dmitry Baranovskiy — How to be a Web Sorcerer
Web Directions South 2011, Sydney, October 14th.
Dmitry also referred to the following videos in his highly amusing and revelatory presentation.
The Web is a purely magical substance that is built by us, web developers. How can it be that the web is totally technical, yet we all know some kids who we can call magicians of the Web. Some people believe that it’s all about skills, but Dmitry reckons it’s more about bravely, grit and a tiny bit of madness.
Do you want to change the Web, not just build it? Do you want to know the secret spells? Do you want to know the source of all this unlimited power? Come and find out.
About Dmitry Baranovskiy
Dmitry has over ten years experience in creating web applications. Having started as a back end developer, more recently he has changed his orientation to front end development and even pure design.
Follow Dmitry on Twitter: @DmitryBaranovsk
- Daniels Lee(tm) - Designing for the 10 foot UI
- Gabriel White - Sensing context in mobile design
- Stephen Cox - Building ethnography into the design process
- Chris Wilson - Keynote: The Convergence of All Things
- Jeremy Ashkenas - A Cup of CoffeeScript