Myles Byrne — Internationalization — a guide to dealing with the web’s favorite 20-letter word
Web Directions South 2008, Sydney Convention Centre, September 26 1.40pm.
So, you’ve decided to tap into a whole new world of business oppportunities by stepping outside the anglocentric world. That’s great! But the process of internationalisaton can be a genuine minefield for the unitiated, so take a few tips from someone who’s been there before. In this talk Myles will cover what internationalization is, when to do it, and how to implement it. Topics include: localization, organising your content for translation, finding and managing translators, and dealing with the unexpected technical issues that inevitably arise.
About Myles Byrne
Myles is the founder of Duck New Media, a Sydney web development and consulting firm.
- Grant Young - Strategies for social media engagement
- Cheryl Lead and Ben Buchanan - Moving your organisation to web standards
- Stephen Cox - Building ethnography into the design process
- Daniel Davis - Widgets in Theory and Practice
- Dave Greiner and Ben Richardson - The story of Campaign Monitor