Tatham Oddie — Practicing Web Standards in the Large
Web Directions South 2010, Sydney Convention and Exhibition Centre, October 15 10.45am.
Web standards might be second nature to all of us here, but they don’t always fly so easily in the enterprise. Obscure browsers and CIOs watching their bottom line can often leave a passionate development team feeling stifled. In this session we’ll look at how a number of large scale websites successfully adopted new standards and opened their content to more audiences and devices than ever before. We’ll explore techniques for deciding what client technologies to use on your projects, how to drive the adoption of newer techniques and how not to leave your audience behind. We’ll even talk about how to make all of this possible with Internet Explorer in the room.
About Tatham Oddie
Follow Tatham on Twitter: @tathamoddie
- Gian Sampson-Wild - Managing accessibility compliance for the Commonwealth Games
- Matt Balara - Flogging design: best practices in online shop design
- Scott Berkun - The myths of innovation
- Ryan Seddon - Remote debugging landscape
- Daniel Davis - Widgets in Theory and Practice