If you’re thinking of starting, our developing your speaking career, our Call for Presentations for our 2020 events, across design, development, product, leadership, and people/talent/culture are now open. While our Code Leaders and Code CFPs are closed (the full program for Code has been announced with Code Leaders to follow very shortly) there’s sill an open CFP for the developer track at Summit.
But most importantly for now, the CFP for our Product conference will close next Friday.
Read on for all the details.
We want you to succeed
Whether you’re very experienced, just starting out, or anywhere in between we’re keen to help you develop your capability as a speaker. Numerous people who’ve started on our stages have ended up speaking at events all over the world. Regardless of your ambition, there are few steps you can take to develop your career more significantly than preparing and delivering a talk in a room of your peers.
If you’ve been to our conferences, you’ll know there’s a mix of longer (around 45 minute, usually invited), and shorter (around 20 minute) presentations. 20 minutes is an ideal time to address one thing in some detail, while not being an overwhelming first step as a speaker.
Some hints to give you a better chance of acceptance
- If we see proposals we really like, we start pencilling them in before the closing date. So it pays to not wait until last minute.
- We’re also happy for multiple proposals from the same person.
- We provide detailed information about the kind of sessions we’re looking for at our speaking page.
- And past presentations are a good indication of the sort of thing we’re looking for as well.
Want to talk a bit more about your proposal?
We’re always happy to talk more–just email firstname.lastname@example.org and we can discuss it more!
What are we looking for?
Product (Design and Management) Conference
As we’ve recently announced, in 2020 we’re merging out Design and Product conferences as a single 2 day, 2 track conference.
- For the product design track: We’re looking for all things product design, beyond–every aspect of the design lifecycle, from Research to UX, UI, IxD, visual design, designops, and more.
- For the product management track: All things product–from building and leading product teams to discovery, delivery, onboarding, growth and more. Share your practical hard earned experience with your peers.
What Do Speakers Get?
We cover speakers conference ticket (of course) and travel and accomodation (if required). There’s a fantastic dinner which gives speakers the opportunity to connect with one another, as well as Gold ticket holders from the conference.
We also professionally video presentations, caption and transcribe them, allowing speakers to showcase their work to a far wider audience.
We’re really excited with the programs we’re lining up for 2020, and can’t wait to hear your proposals!