Andy Clarke – Creating Inspired Design
A presentation given at Web Directions South, Sydney Australia, September 29 2006.
Designers are more than mere pixel pushers. The role of the creative designer working on the web has changed and will continue to change faster than ever before. In this session, Andy Clarke will discuss how designers should now play the pivotal part in the creation of engaging user experiences, binding together the roles of information architects, content authors and technical developers. It’s time to put designers in the hot seat.
About Andy Clarke
Andy Clarke is a sought-after speaker, designer and consultant focusing on creative, accessible web development. Andy is passionate about design and passionate about web standards, often bridging the gap between design and code. He regularly trains designers and developers in the creative applications of web standards and writes about aspects of design and popular culture on his personal web site, And All That Malarkey.
- Relly Annett-Baker - All The Small Things
- Context, multi-device and the future of TV in the browser - video presentation by Rod Farmer
- Radiation-free responsive experiences - video presentation from Andrew Fisher
- Closing keynote: Hilary Mason - Machine Learning for Web Data
- Mark Boulton - Designing grid systems