Panel – Choosing the right web application framework
Web Directions South 2008, Sydney Convention Centre, September 26 10.45am.
The new era of web applications has introduced to us a number of frameworks designed to aid in rapid development. But, no matter what your preferred language, finding a suitable framework is not usually an easy task.
In this intensive 2 hour session you’ll hear from several developers who’ll discuss which frameworks they chose, why they love them; why they hate them, and gain valuable insights to help you choose the right tools for your job. We will focus primarily on Rails (Ruby), Joomla! (PHP), Struts/Spring (Java) and Django (Python).
Expect to hear discussion ranging from framework features & tools, development speed, source management, bug tracking, collaboration, interoperability, performance, scalability and deployment, as well as recommendations on how to hit the ground running.
- Lucas Chan
- Don Brown
- Tim Lucas
- Andrew Ediie
- Malcolm Tredinnick
- Tom Hughes-Croucher - Up and Running with Node.js
- Removing the gag from your browser - Jared Wyles
- Divya Manian - Active web development
- Greg Rewis - Move it! CSS3 Transitions and Animations
- Create impact with CSS filters - video presentation from Alex Danilo