Here’s a complete list of the questions for the survey.
About the respondent
- What country do you live in?
- How would you describe yourself?
- If “other”, how would you describe your role (in a word or two)?
- Which sector do you work in
- Which size organization do you work for?
Operating systems and browsers
- Which OS do you primarily use for day to day work?
- If “other” then what is your primary OS?
- Which browser do you primarily use for day to day browsing?
- If “other”, please name it:
- What other browsers do you regularly use for regular web use (for example a mobile browser)?
- Which browsers do you test your web sites with?
- What other browsers do you test your sites in?
Markup practices and technologies
- Which type of markup do you use?
- If other, please describe your mix of markup, or use of other markup:
- How often do you validate your markup?
- Which doctype do you typically declare for your pages?
- If other, what doctype do you typically declare?
- Do you use tables for layout?
- If you use any of the following HTML tags or properties, please mark them:
- Do you use microformats in your markup?
- Do you use RDFa in your markup?
CSS and presentation
- Which of the following best describes your web design philosophy?
- Which of the following best describes your approach to developing for multiple browsers?
- Do you typically use quirks mode when designing sites?
- Which of the following do you use CSS for?
- Describe what else you use CSS for:
- Which of these types of selector do you regularly use?
- What other CSS selectors do you regularly use?
- Do you use any CSS3 or experimental CSS properties, such as CSS transitions, transforms, animations, shadows?
- Which such properties do you use?
- Do you use linked fonts with the @font-face statement?
- Which type of fonts do you link to?
- Do you use SVG?
- Do you use the Canvas element?
- Do you optimize your sites for devices other than laptops/PCs?
- If “Yes”, what other devices do you optimize your websites for?
- If “other”, what other libraries and frameworks do you use?
- Do you strictly adhere to the W3C DOM, and avoid browser specific extensions?
- What non W3C DOM methods or properties do you use regularly?
- Do you incorporate media into your sites that requires browser plugins to play?
- Which kinds of content do you use?
- What other kinds of content do you use?
- What do you use this kind of content for?
Server side technologies
- What type of hardware do your sites run on?
- If other, what type of servers?
- What server software is used to serve your sites?
- If “other”, please list your server software here:
- Which operating system(s) do your servers run?
- If “other”, please list your server OS(s):
- What database systems do you use?
- If “other”, what database systems do you use?
- Which programming languages do you use?
- If “other”, what programming languages do you use?
- Which back-end frameworks do you use for development?
- If “other”, what back-end frameworks do you use?