Previous attendees will notice that this year we’ve broadened the focus of Web Directions a little. In addition to the same number of sessions on web design and development we’ve always had, we now also have presentations we’ve put under the banner of "Management and Strategy".
I’ve just slotted in the last of these now: IP lawyers Scott Buchanan and Ben Maguire will be presenting Wig meets Web (2.0): harnessing the law to commercialise and protect your IP.
Looking at the line up in this track my only worry is that as well as the management types we had in mind when we came up with this, we’re going to be tempting all you designers and developers as well. Check it out:
- Angela Beesley – Wikis and community collaboration
- Sebastian Chan – Social media and Government 2.0
- Scott Gledhill – Is SEO evil?
- Paul McCarthy – What’s under the hood? Which open source tools are fuelling today’s leading websites?
- Mike Cannon-Brookes – Organisational wiki adoption
- Rob Manson and Alex Young – E is for everywhere: mobile content, services and commerce strategies in Australia
- Ben Winter-Giles – Managing agile projects in large organisations