David Hayward – Mapping
A presentation given at Web Directions Government, Old Parliament House, Canberra, May 19 2008.
Government has huge amounts of information but how can this be effectively managed and delivered through the web? This session will ‘lift the lid’ on web mapping technology and identify some of the key issues that must be addressed to achieve a successful outcome.
The NSW government SIX Viewer web mapping portal will be used as a case study to demonstrate how terabytes of data can be integrated and delivered via the Internet.
About David Hayward
David is the national lead for spatial (location based) solutions for the consulting group Ajilon Australia. He has over 15 years experience with spatial technology working extensively within Government and the mining industry. Focussed on leveraging the web to support the integration of spatial information within mainstream IT, he has led the development of a number of high profile web mapping sites including the NSW government SIX Viewer web mapping portal.
David believes that the increasing demand and awareness of the benefits of locational information will result in spatial technology becoming ubiquitous within IT.
- An extraordinary chance to work with Government
- Gordon Grace - More than raw: government data online
- Grant Young - Creating platforms for social innovation
- Adam Bell & David Peterson - Bringing History Alive: Telling stories with Linked Data and open source tools
- Matthew Hodgson - Social computing for knowledge management