Divya Manian – Active web development
Web Directions South 2010, Sydney Convention and Exhibition Centre, October 14 10.45am.
- Audio recording of session
- Presentation slides
- Blog post from Divya
- Session description
- About Divya Manian
Web technologies are evolving at such a frenetic pace that it becomes almost mandatory to learn on your own. A lot of us still depend on other people to do this learning for us, and we tend to use their answers to solve our everyday problems. Inconsistent implementations, rapidly evolving specs, questionable performance impacts and maintenance implications mean we cannot always depend on others for answers but must involve ourselves actively in the process of developing specifications for new Web technologies. But how do we go about it? There are some simple rituals we can all do, which can have us be better-informed and also better inform the people and groups who are most directly involved in the development of new Web technologies.
About Divya Manian
Speaker Photo: © Mohini Patel Glanz.
Follow Divya on Twitter: @nimbuin
- What every developer should know about REST - video presentation from Michael Mahemoff
- Chris Wilson - Keynote: The Convergence of All Things
- For the love of style guides - video presentation from Nicole Sullivan
- HTML5 selectors API - It's like a Swiss Army Knife for the DOM
- Tantek Çelik - The Once and Future IndieWeb