Dmitry Baranovskiy – Canvas
Web Directions South 2009, Sydney Convention Centre, October 8 1.40pm.
Since the earliest days of the web, perhaps the single biggest missing piece of functionality has been a standards based, browser native way for developers to do 2D (and 3D) rendering. Now, the Canvas element, supported in all contemporary browsers other than Internet Explorer, and part of the HTML5 specification, provides these capabilities, and is being widely adopted in cutting edge websites and applications.
About Dmitry Baranovskiy
Follow Dmitry on Twitter: @DmitryBaranovsk
- Paul Theriault - Taking Frontend Security Seriously
- Michael Honey & Tim Riley - Web or native? Smart choices for smartphone apps
- Brian Fling - Six rules to designing amazing mobile apps
- Making things with maths - presentation video from Steven Wittens
- Diana Mounter - Custom V CMS - don't take sides