Donna Spencer – Keeping your content alive from cradle to grave
Web Directions South 2010, Sydney Convention and Exhibition Centre, October 14 2.40pm.
By now we all know that the web is not a publication – that it’s a living, evolving thing. But a lot of content I see still appears to be ‘published’ once and then left alone.
This talk is about what happens after content is published. We’ll talk about how to:
- decide what to create in the first place (and what the best format is)
- identify which content types need to be left alone, and which need to be looked after
- revive existing content and give it a second wind
- check your content is still working for its readers
- put it to sleep when it is time
- put a process in place so you can do this yourself and with distributed content creators
We’ll also discuss how this varies depending on your industry, size of site and type of content.
About Donna Spencer
She’s been doing this professionally since 2002, is a regular speaker at Australian and international events and has just completed her third book.
Follow Donna on Twitter: @maadonna
- Addy Osmani - Tools for jQuery Application Architecture
- Ross Boucher - Quality Control: Testing and debugging your apps
- Elliot Jay Stocks - Progressive enhancement
- Grant Young - Strategies for social media engagement
- Nicole Sullivan - CSS Power Tools