Josh Williams – Keynote: Where are we going?
Web Directions South 2010, Sydney Convention and Exhibition Centre, October 14 4.15pm.
Today’s web is being defined more than ever by buzzwords, catchphrases, fads and trends. Startups are being created for startups sake, standards are being hijacked by so-called “social media gurus,” and investors are piling on one after another looking to hop on the next big wave. And we, the designers, developers and innovators actually building the web, are left to wonder if we’re still in the drivers seat.
During this brisk discussion we’ll separate fads from the future, debate native apps versus the mobile web, take an honest look at the hype behind geo-location, then take a step back to ask ourselves where the web—and we ourselves—are going. Hold on, it’s going to be a wild ride!
About Josh Williams
Josh is a self-taught designer and artist who has been creating online for over 15 years. Josh loves mid-century modern design, architecture, skiing, snowboarding and longboarding. He lives in Austin, Texas with his wife and two young daughters.
Follow Josh on Twitter: @JW
- Scott Bryant & Simon Wright - Designing for change and disruption
- Dan Saffer - Top Ten Things To Tackle Touchscreens
- Robert O’Callahan - The Open Web Platform in the mobile era
- Cheryl Lead and Ben Buchanan - Moving your organisation to web standards
- Jared Spool - The Dawning of the Age of Experience