Lea Verou – Mastering CSS3 gradients
Web Directions @media 2011, London, May 26th 10:45am.
With most browsers adding increasing support, and the simplicity of providing fallbacks for those that don’t, CSS3 gradients are something we can start to use right now. They benefit our users with faster websites and ourselves with more time in our hands to spend in other things, since they are easy to create, edit and update. A very powerful feature that can also be utilized for a surprising number of design effects, even ones that don’t resemble gradients at all. In this talk, Lea will explore CSS3 gradients in great depth and it’s almost guaranteed that no matter your expertise level, you will walk out having learned new things.
About Lea Verou
Fed up with the lack of proper web development education in Greece, she co-organised a university course which teaches all aspects of modern, standards-based Web development, including CSS3, HTML5 and ES5 as regular parts of its content.
Follow Lea on Twitter: @LeaVerou
- Christopher Giffard - HTML5 Video, Captioning, and Timed Metadata
- Aaron Weyenberg - Getting Real: Pros and Pitfalls of Realistic UI Design
- Satisfying Movements - video presentation by John Allsopp
- Aarron Walter - Learning to Love Humans: Emotional Interface Design
- The iOS 7 homescreen parallax effect in the browser