Lisa Herrod — Usability: more than skin deep
A presentation given at Web Directions South, Sydney Australia, September 28 2007.
Web Usability is far more complex than User Testing and Interaction Design alone. And while interface design is an important consideration, there’s more to a usable site than what’s on the surface.
We all know the importance of accessibility and web standards, so let’s take that knowledge one step further and into the realm of usability. In this session Lisa Herrod will redefine the common definition of usability by introducing a greater focus on accessibility and web standards. By taking a more holistic approach you will soon see why usability is more than skin deep.
About Lisa Herrod
Lisa Herrod is the Principal Usability Consultant at Scenario Seven. The primary focus of her work is web usability, which she believes incorporates much more than just user testing. Drawing on a variety of disciplines, Lisa takes an holistic approach to web usability incorporating user research, accessibility, interaction design and web standards development.
Having started in the web during the last century, Lisa is occasionally caught making jokes about font tags, layout tables and shims. Nobody ever laughs.
- Mathew Patterson - Delivering user experience to the inbox: designing for email
- Oliver Weidlich - The mobile web user experience - we're starting to get it right!
- Cameron Adams - The future of web interfaces
- Daniel Burka - The why and how: UI case studies
- Michael Honey & Tim Riley - Web or native? Smart choices for smartphone apps