Lisa Herrod – User testing for the rest of us
A presentation given at at Web Directions User Experience, Melbourne Town Hall, May 16 2008.
Everyone knows they should be doing it, but like software testing, it’s one of those things we often don’t get round to. In this presentation, Lisa Herrod looks at some sure fire user testing techniques that produce proven results, don’t cost the earth, and are easy to implement. After this session you won’t have any more excuses for not doing solid user testing of any site or application you develop ever again.
About Lisa Herrod
Lisa Herrod is the Principal Usability Consultant at Scenario Seven. The primary focus of her work is web usability, which she believes incorporates much more than just user testing. Drawing on a variety of disciplines, Lisa takes an holistic approach to web usability incorporating user research, accessibility, interaction design and web standards development.
Having started in the web during the last century, Lisa is occasionally caught making jokes about font tags, layout tables and shims. Nobody ever laughs.
- Ruth Ellison - Integrating accessibility into design
- Hannah Donovan - Telling stories through design
- Aaron Weyenberg - Getting Real: Pros and Pitfalls of Realistic UI Design
- Jeffrey Veen - Designing our way through data
- Jason Grigsby - Keynote: Native is Easy. Mobile Web is Freaking Hard!