Mark Boulton – Designing grid systems
Web Directions @media 2010, Southbank Centre London, June 10 2.40pm.
Grid systems have been used in print design, architecture and interior design for generations. Now, on the web, the same rules of grid system composition and usage no longer apply. Content is viewed in many ways; from RSS feeds to email. Content is viewed on many devices; from mobile phones to laptops. Users can manipulate the browser, they can remove content, resize the canvas, resize the typefaces. A designer is no longer in control of this presentation. So where do grid systems fit in to all that?
About Mark Boulton
Follow Mark on Twitter: @markboulton
- Dan Rubin - Creativity, design and interaction with HTML5 and CSS3
- Shane Morris - Interaction design school 101
- Lisa Herrod - The Age of Awareness
- David Gravina - Design thinking and doing
- Christopher Giffard - HTML5 Video, Captioning, and Timed Metadata