Mark Stanton – Best practices for speeding up your site
Web Directions South 2009, Sydney Convention Centre, October 8 10.45am.
As we pack our pages with AJAX and RIA goodness we often lose sight of the fact that the key to exceptional user experience is the responsiveness of your site. Inspired by the excellent work by Yahoo!’s Exceptional Performance team, this talk will have something that every site can benefit from. You will learn how to analyse what your end users are experiencing and how to reduce your load times by 25-50% using a range of simple techniques.
About Mark Stanton
Follow Mark on Twitter: @MarkStanto
- Aaron Gustafson - Learning to love forms
- Satisfying Movements - video presentation by John Allsopp
- Lachlan Hardy - The open web
- You Can Do What With Math Now? - Video Presentation by Raquel Vélez
- Nicholas Zakas - Mobile Web Speed Bumps