Michael Mahemoff — HTML5: Online and Offline
Web Directions USA 2010, Loews Atlanta Hotel, September 24 10.10am.
The presentation slides are available on Michael’s website.
HTML5 introduces several so-called “offline” technologies: application caching, local storage, and file access, to name a few. But these technologies are not just for purely offline apps; they boost startup performance, overcome network outages, and partition content away from the server. This talk will explain how you can incorporate these technologies into your work today and identify the features browsers will be supporting in the near future.
About Michael Mahemoff
- Adam Bell & David Peterson - Bringing History Alive: Telling stories with Linked Data and open source tools
- For the love of style guides - video presentation from Nicole Sullivan
- Andrew Fisher - A Device API Safari
- Patrick Lauke - Brave New World of HTML5
- Greg Rewis - Move it! CSS3 Transitions and Animations