Michael Mahemoff – HTML5: Online and Offline
Web Directions USA 2010, Loews Atlanta Hotel, September 24 10.10am.
The presentation slides are available on Michael’s website.
HTML5 introduces several so-called “offline” technologies: application caching, local storage, and file access, to name a few. But these technologies are not just for purely offline apps; they boost startup performance, overcome network outages, and partition content away from the server. This talk will explain how you can incorporate these technologies into your work today and identify the features browsers will be supporting in the near future.
About Michael Mahemoff
- What every developer should know about REST - video presentation from Michael Mahemoff
- Validating forms with the HTML5 pattern attribute - video presentation by Chris Lienert
- Tom Hughes-Croucher - Up and Running with Node.js
- Fantastic forms for mobile web - Tammy Butow
- More HTML5 syntax and parser quirks you may not have known