Relly Annett-Baker — Content Strategy for Apps
Web Directions Unplugged 2011, Seattle, May 12th 1:40pm.
Dear app makers,
I love the stuff you have been putting out recently. Supercool maps, guides, syncing and such make my day. There’s just one little thing. As a content strategist and writer, I’ve noticed that some of your instructions aren’t as clear as they could be. The experience is not as fulfilling as it might be. I know this might not be your favourite part of the process. In fact, they are probably the bits chucked in to get it out the door. And so I have created a session to help ease the pain.
I have a framework for you to build on to make sure that your next app is as pithy as it is pretty and elegant to use as it is coded. I’ll even bring a whole virtual suitcase of apps with fantastic snippets of microcopy to inspire you. It’s a pretty simple concept and it’s a bunch of fun to work on, running alongside your app development.
In one sentence: it’s about creating a fulfilling experience, one that puts you ahead of your competition, simply through the power of the written word.
About Relly Annett-Baker
Follow Relly on Twitter: @RellyAB
- Sandi Wassmer - Inclusive design is for everyone
- Aaron Weyenberg - Realistic UI Design
- Jeremy Yuille - Web visualisation: do you see what I see?
- Aarron Walter - Learning to Love Humans: Emotional Interface Design
- John Allsopp & Dave Shea – Where’s Your Web At? Designing for the Web Beyond the Desktop