Simon Pascal Klein — Setting standards-friendly web type
Web Directions South 2010, Sydney Convention and Exhibition Centre, October 15 11.45am.
Web typography has in the past two years seen a resurgence in interest and many would agree only rightly so, with most of the content on the web still textual. However the range of technical options available for setting type on the web is quite broad—not to mention the range of stylistic choices available—and often confusing. This session aims to demystify the current techniques available to set type on the web by comparing and contrasting the various options at hand while offering a set of good defaults and safe advice for not only making it accessible but also pleasurable to read.
About Simon Pascal Klein
Follow Simon on Twitter: @klepas
- Dan Saffer - Top Ten Things To Tackle Touchscreens
- Cameron Adams - The future of web interfaces
- Patrick Lauke - Brave New World of HTML5
- Tom Hughes-Croucher - Lessons from a coding veteran
- Radiation-free responsive experiences - video presentation from Andrew Fisher