Stephen P Anderson — Keynote: Sustaining Passionate Users
Web Directions South 2011, Sydney, October 13th.
Yes, business applications can be made fun and gamelike. No, points, levels and badges are not the way to create sustained interest.
While many sites have added superficial gaming elements to make interactions more engaging, the companies that “get it” have a better understanding of the psychology behind motivation. They know how to design sites that keep people coming back again and again.
So what are the secrets? What actually motivates people online? How do you create sustained interest in your product or service? Speaker Stephen P. Anderson will share common patterns from game design, learning theories, and neuroscience to reveal what motivates—and demotivates—people over the long haul.
About Stephen P Anderson
Follow Stephen on Twitter: @stephenanderson
- Mike Kuniavsky - Design [in|for|and] the age of ubiquitous computing
- Kelly Goto - Designing for Lifestyle
- Lisa Herrod - Usability: more than skin deep
- Teale Shapcott - From ordered to managed usability in an Agile environment
- Derek Featherstone – Real World Accessibility For Real World People