Douglas Crockford – Ajax security
A presentation given at Web Directions North, Vancouver Canada, January 31 2008.
The design of the browser did not anticipate the needs of multiparty applications. The browser’s security model frustrates useful activities and allows some very dangerous activities. This talk will look at the small set of options before us that will determine the future of the Web.
During this session, attendees will:
- Learn why effective security is an inherent feature of good design;
- Experience a real-time demo of a Ajax client/server system based on sound security principles
- See how to apply secure design to rich web applications.
About Douglas Crockford
- George Oates and Paul Hammond - Web Apps: Developer to Designer
- Douglas Crockford - Ajax security
- Mark Nottingham - What's Happening in Transport Layer Security (TLS)?
- Kaitlin Sherwood & Steffen Meschkat - The Business and Technology of Mashups