Jonathan Snook – Working with Ajax Frameworks
A presentation given at Web Directions North, Vancouver Canada, January 30 2008.
“Working with Ajax Frameworks” will delve into some common Ajax design patterns and how various frameworks can be used to meet those needs. We’ll also take a look at how we can keep our own code flexible as we bridge the gap between it and the various frameworks.
About Jonathan Snook
Jonathan Snook is currently a freelance web developer based in Ottawa, Canada. A Renaissance man of the Web, he has programmed in a variety of languages, both server-side and client-side. He also does web site and web application design. Jonathan worked for more than seven years with web agencies, getting to work with clients such as Red Bull, Apple, and FedEx. He made the leap to freelance back in January 2006.
Jonathan likes to share what he knows through speaking, writing books, writing for online magazines such as Digital Web and Sitepoint, and writing for his own popular blog at Snook.ca. He is the co-author of the acclaimed Accelerated DOM Scripting with Ajax, APIs, and Libraries, and of The Art and Science of CSS.
- Mark Birbeck - Marking up content with RDFa
- More CSS secrets - video presentation from Lea Verou
- What's hot in animation? - video presentation from Dmitry Baranovskiy
- Kaitlin Sherwood & Steffen Meschkat - The Business and Technology of Mashups
- Dan Rubin - Creativity, design and interaction with HTML5 and CSS3