Josh Williams – Keynote: Where are we going?
Web Directions South 2010, Sydney Convention and Exhibition Centre, October 14 4.15pm.
Today’s web is being defined more than ever by buzzwords, catchphrases, fads and trends. Startups are being created for startups sake, standards are being hijacked by so-called “social media gurus,” and investors are piling on one after another looking to hop on the next big wave. And we, the designers, developers and innovators actually building the web, are left to wonder if we’re still in the drivers seat.
During this brisk discussion we’ll separate fads from the future, debate native apps versus the mobile web, take an honest look at the hype behind geo-location, then take a step back to ask ourselves where the web—and we ourselves—are going. Hold on, it’s going to be a wild ride!
About Josh Williams
Josh is a self-taught designer and artist who has been creating online for over 15 years. Josh loves mid-century modern design, architecture, skiing, snowboarding and longboarding. He lives in Austin, Texas with his wife and two young daughters.
Follow Josh on Twitter: @JW
- Jeremy Ashkenas - A Cup of CoffeeScript
- Mundane computing and the web of data - video presentation from Tom Coates
- Robert Hoekman Jr - The essential elements of great web applications
- Ross Boucher - Quality Control: Testing and debugging your apps
- James Bridle - Wrangling Time: The Form and Future of the Book